Friday 17 January 2014

2013 was Rock 'n' Roll!

I rarely write about my personal life in my blog and at this point I feel like sharing a few things.
After a tedious long year, I now recall, all the joys/odds and the ups/downs of 2013. It was an experience for itself. It all started with a bang on the new year's eve at our friend's place where we had an amazing time. Then, came running my best friend Pinku's wedding in February and there I see her getting married to the love of her life. I am so happy for the duo :-D Then started the rat race in her professional life of getting a transfer to the US when her husband flew right after their wedding. After a lot of efforts, she finally got the transfer and left to Boston in July! Though no one wanted her to get the transfer as much as I did, it still felt like I was missing something big in life. We both have spent more than 20 years together growing up, laughing and crying together, always having a shoulder for each other. I agree with you that there is Skype and Whatsapp! But it is nothing in comparison with the physical presence of a person.

Since then, I have no company for shopping, eating, laughing and dancing. I celebrated my birthday in July without her, like for the first time since we know each other. And so did she celebrate her's in August. The year seemed very long and boring since she had gone until I got busy with my wedding preparations. Yes! I got married to my childhood friend Sachin in November 2013 <3   Life is busy from then onward and now, I miss both my best friend and my little sister Anu (Both Sachin and I live with my in-laws).
After a long year, here we are in the new year, of which half of the first month is already over with so many new things happening around, in both personal and social life. By the way friends, I joined Yoga class and am having fruits for breakfast. Looking forward for some adventure and long trips this year.
Happy new year all!!

P.S: Some photos from 2013:


Jan 1st 2013 



Pinku's Bachelorette followed by her wedding :)




From our portfolios: March (left) and at the airport when Pinku was leaving: July (right)















My wedding: November



See you in the next post! :-D

3 comments:

  1. Oh darling! This post brought me to tears :( I miss you so much! There is not a day which passes by without me imagining you with me ! It surely was an amazing year for us, but like you said, it was incomplete without you in it!

    I am collecting my leaves, at the right moment, will hop on the plane to bangalore & come running to you!

    Love you sooooo much !

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you joined Yoga! I can never get up early :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yogini Ammu,

    Fruits for breakfast?! I am adept at a pose called 'Shavasana', btw. :)

    Nice photos, Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete